David,
I've been reading everyone's postings here about Shetland guitar playing
traditions. It does seem to parrallel American JAzz guitar evolutions.

My question pertains to playing back up. Do your descriptions apply to
palying backup to strathspeys?

Please excuse this potentially dumb question, if indeed it is.

Thanks.
Jeff

> The story goes that Peerie Willie first picked up the style from Joe
Venuti