> BBC Radio Scotland used to stream selected progs, like the fitba for
> exiled punters.  Now you can get the whole thing.
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radioscotland/
> Competition for Radio Toby- how will he respond?

Do they work with the same software?  Unfortunately I doubt I can
listen to either of them with the geriatric machinery I have here.
Since they're in different timezones we just need another station
in Australia and we could stream Scottish music 24 hours a day?

> Mp3s of Jack on his turkish saucepan?  (What is that instrument Jack?)

It's a cumbus (needs letters not in ISO-Latin-1; pronounced joomboosh).
A banjoized proletarian version of the ud, invented in the 1920s for the
Turkish equivalent of the ceilidh band; twelve strings in six courses,
tuned A,DEAdg - the bottom two courses act as drones, the upper four as
melody strings.  A fretless formica fingerboard and a body that looks
like a rice steamer.  Its sound is between a banjo and a wire harp, i.e.
amazingly long sustain.  I've also got a very old small one (intended
for school use?) which I don't think you've seen; it's got a less over-
powering sound.  I haven't been doing much with either of them lately.
I must assemble a set on it for a turn at the local accordion & fiddle
club.