Derek Hoy wrote :

>The written setting sounds very Northumbrian-pipey, whereas our version's
been
>mangled by fiddle scratchers, aided by said guitar basher.

>What dance do we use it for, Dave?  I don't look up much at these things.

Bella MacNab's (or Basher MacScrape's) uses the tune to round off a set for
the dance 'My Love She's But a Lassie Yet'.  The set consists of the
original, 'Over the Hills and Far Away', 'Nancy Clough' (from the same
source as Whinham's, the Topic album, 'Bonny North Tyne') and Whinham's.
'Nancy Clough' is a set of 'My Love...' with lots of twiddly bits on the
repeat, and was written for his wife by Tom Clough, who has contributed a
few bits and pieces to the Northumbrian Pipers' Tune Book.

Dave Francis

David Francis
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

t/f (44) 131 557 1050 (o); (44) 131 669 8824 (h)
Edinburgh Traditional Arts Projects
Performance: Education: Agency: Consultancy

Representing via Stoneyport Agency:
The Cast; Bag o Cats; Calluna; Ceolbeg; De Dannan; Frankie Gavin;
Fiddlers Bid; Keltik Elektrik
www.stoneyport.demon.co.uk

Bella MacNab's Dance Band
www.ceilidhdance.com