I was trawling the web for reviews recently, and found one written in Italian.
 I had a go at translating, but there were too few references to strawberry
ice cream or scooters for my Italian to cope.

So I clicked on Google's translate button, with hilarious consequences...

The translation is below, but you can get a link to the original at
http://www.jtbairns.com/tartlet

Derek
---------------------------

Jock Tamson' s Bairns
May You Never Lack To Scone
(Greentrax Cdtrax206) 2001

duration 56' 48 "

To the beginning of 80 years the Jock Tamson's Bairns, Scottish expression
that means more or less equal, without heads, nearly recorded a pair of discs
of optimal then scomparvero level or, limiting itself to hold a concert every
so often.
Some years or are the same Greentrax that today publishes this May you never
lack to scone has reprinted the two LP's on an only CD and the times are seem
to you mature more for one convinced resumption of the activity of the group
and, consequently, for a new disc.
If Jack is excluded Evans, lost in its multiple engagements, the formation is
identical to that one of according to LP The lasses fashion.
The solisti singers are still John Croall and Rod Paterson, Hardie and Hoy
interlace the sounds of theirs fiddles and Norman Chalmers with its
concertine, therefore little usual in Scozia, enrich the sound of the group
with atmospheres tied to the Northumberland.
Even if witnesses do not lack the national poets Tannahill and Burns, the
repertorio, second the tradition of the Bairns, are not sure usual, if
eccettua ennesima the version of Beautiful Bogie's Bonnie.
Songs and brani orchestrate them are alternated, to say true a po' rigidly,
but they are you execute with skill and a difficultly found taste.
Me they are piaciuti, in particular, the instrumental set that comprises The
bristly beard, the most pleasant supplied ritmico accompanyment from the feet
of all the members of the group, from the clear roots in the New England and
Atlantic Canada and Wee Willy Gray that, in the agreement, the Tannahill
Weavers has remembered me best.
Not draft sure of an innovative disc, is useless to try new musical tendencies
to you but, if Scottish revival is wanted to be listened folk, creed cannot be
expected better.
An optimal tartlet indeed.

Danilo Parodi