Nancy Hart wrote:

> You sound like a nervous wreck!  Which is somewhat curious since
> you've played in public many many time.

Och I was hamming it up a bit, but I always get a little nervous before
meeting people; I'm a shy wee boy at hart, I mean heart.

> Have a spot of something nice to drink and you'll be just fine.

I did and I was. It was very informal with a 5-string banjo player with
a very sense of timing and a bonkers accordionist who was a lot of fun.
We ranged from The Bluebell Polka through Scotland the Brave/Thistle of
Scotland/Barren Rocks to Oh Susannah/Dixie/Camptown Races.

However, they told me of a fortnightly session in a pub in the next
village which sounds great! When I left Edinburgh I also left a couple
of bands I was playing with, so I don't often get to play much outside
of teaching and the slow session which I lead myself (which is like
teaching). I've also been asked to join a band for one night playing at
a ceilidh at the end of the month, so I'm going to be playing quite a
bit!

--
Nigel Gatherer, Crieff, Scotland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]