----- Original Message -----
From: "Nigel Gatherer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 10:45 AM
Subject: [scots-l] Celtic Connections workshops

> Manuel asked:
>
> > ...information about this year's workshops in Glasgow?
>
> There are leaflets at ALP, so if you're there tonight you can pick one
> up.

Ok, I'll check it on Thursday (I still don't know if I'm going to attend the
classes on Wed)

 The ones you'd be interested in are:

> Learn to Play the Small Pipes in a Day
> Dave Shaw 19/1, 20/1, 2/2, 3/2, 11am-5pm

Mmmm, I think I'd rather prefer learning the pipes in a term.

> Whisky Tasting Workshop
> 20/1, 2-3.30

Sounds good and tastes better!

> Low Whistle
> Misha Somerville 2/2 11-12.30

Well, ,that's interesting but I don't know much about the teacher... I will
think about it

> Make Your Own Celtic Animals
> 19/1 11-12.30

Errrrrrr....

> I can't see a web site mentioned on the leaflet. Their claim "mastering
> the small pipes in a day" is preposterous - everyone knows it takes at
> least a week to master any form of bagpipe.

Ha ha ha, in fact learning the pipes takes a lot of time, as they say in
Aragon, a piper spends half of his life tuning his instrument,  and the
other half playing out of tune!
> --

Manuel Waldesco,
Edinburgh