I found some treasures in a second-hand shop today:

The Silver Bow (Tom Anderson, Aly Bain)
I used to have this years ago, and I'm glad to have found it again.

Shetland Fiddle Music (from The School of Scottish Studies)
Classic recordings of Bobby Jamieson, Andrew Polson, Gibbie Gray,
Willie Hunter Senior, etc.

Pipe Major Donald Macleod - The New York Recordings 1967
A double album of MacLeod (who was discussed here recently) playing
selections from his published collections. There are many trad tunes
here, but also a lot of Macleod's own compositions which are still
loved by musicians: "The Man from Skye", "Dr Ross's 50th Welcome...",
"The Seagull", "The Hen's March", etc. The sleeve notes are
reverential, so no hint of the controversy which Kate alluded to.

The Harp Key (Alison Kinnaird)
Another LP I used to own, and which I can enjoy once again.

Coorse and Fine: Songs and Ballads of Dundee
This, to me, is the floo'er abune them a'. I was given a complimentary
copy of this LP when it was released in 1985 to coincide with my book
"Songs and Ballads of Dundee". Very soon afterwards someone pressed me
to sell my copy to them. I agreed, thinking I'd buy another copy; I
never did, and regretted it. Finding it today was such a thrill, and
I'm happy that it's in my collection once again. The late Annie
Watkins, whom I visited in Dundee, sings four songs, while the
wonderful Maureen Jelks holds her own. Oh! Memories!

Add a couple of Corries albums and one Jimmy Shand and I reckon I got
not a bad haul for a day's work.

--
Nigel Gatherer, Crieff, Scotland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]