King Charles XII of Sweden died in 1718. The tune is found as
"Charles of Sweden" in Charles Coffey's ballad opera 'The Devil
to Pay', 1731 (which I don't have). King Charles XIII of Sweden
came to power in 1748. So our tune is probably named after the
famous Charles XII.

An untitled version differs considerably from the Dancing Master
copy, "Frisky Jenny, or, The 10th of June" (B060 on my website).

X:1
T:Untitled tune (Charles of Sweden), #26, in 'The Village Opera', 1729
Q:1/4=120
L:1/4
M:C|
K:Ddorian
GG|EF/G/AA|G2(A/B/)c|Bc/d/ed|c2||\
ef/e/|dc/B/cd|BGAB/c/|Bc/d/ (c/d/)e/f/|d2||]

Bruce Olson

Roots of Folk: Old British Isles popular and folk songs, tunes,
broadside ballads at my no-spam website - www.erols.com/olsonw
or just <A href="http://www.erols.com/olsonw";> Click </a>

Motto: Keep at it; muddling through always works.