Carla and Bob Rogers wrote:

> There was a seemingly aborted discussion about two days ago regarding
> "The Gow Collection of Scottish Dance Music" -- Allegation "The music
> has little to do with the Gows". Rebuttal: "The forward claims the tunes
> are largely unedited from the originals". I am very curious about this,

Richard Carlin's 'The Gow Collection of Scottish Dance Music' is
missing all tunes of the 2nd and 6th books of Strathspey Reels,
and the 1st book of the Complete Repository. There are at least 3
tunes missing from the 1st book of Strathspey Reels, and 9 from
the 4th book. That's as far as I've looked.

Bruce Olson

Roots of Folk: Old British Isles popular and folk songs, tunes,
broadside ballads at my website <A
href="http://www.erols.com/olsonw";> Click </a>