Jack Campin wrote:

[Philip Whittaker wrote:]
>> The Lanes - Janice and Phil, who I met on their visit to Scottish Borders
>> in 2000 and the first Coldstream Gaitherin in May 2001, would be alarmed
>> to think they have anything to do with the problem. I think this means
>> that their PC must have the virus.
>
> They do NOT.  Bugbear assembles a fake sender address by randomly
> combining a userid and sitename from the infected person's address
> book.
>
> The unfakeable information in that header is the sequence of Received:
> lines (well, some of them can be faked, but in this case it looks like
> you got something almost identical to my copy, where they were all for
> real).

On another smaller mail list I'm on, we've had 2 attempted infections of
Bugbear and in both cases the e-mails actually did come from who they said
they did, although the domain info was forged.  If nobody has, it would
definitely be worth contacting "thelanes" at whatever their real e-mail
address is and making sure their computer isn't infected.  -Steve

And following Nigel's practice, since there's no Scottish content in the
above, here's a tune for my penance:

X:5
T:Muschats Cairn
C:James Porteous
S:San Francisco Scottish Fiddlers Newsletter 02/02
Z:Steve Wyrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 6/11/02
N:From The Skye Collection
K:G
M:4/4
"G"G,B, D2 B,D G2|"G"DG B2 "D"DCB,A,|"G"B,D G2 DG B2|"C"cAGF "G"G2 G,2:|!
"G"GB d2 Bd g2|"C"dBAG "D"FADF|"G"GBd2 Bdg2|!
"C"dAGF "G"G2G,2|"G"GBdg bgdB|"C"ca"G"Bg "D"ADFD|!
"G"GDB,2 "Am"ECA,2|"D"AFDF "G"G2 G,2||!
--
Steve Wyrick - Concord, California