Can't you mathematically 'correct for' poor cylinder speed control to get an
idea of what speed he was playing at?.
 Seems that if you know the info about the apparent pitch and the apparent
tempo, and one makes a few basics assumptions: such as the tune should be
played in the key of ?? and the standard tuning of that was was A= 440?....
then one could fairly easily calculate that actual tempo he was playing at.

Trouble is you'd have to be really far off in the cylinder speed and/or
tuning to have much of an effect on the tempo. I've a hunch that Skinner
recorded with today's technology would still sound fast.   At least that's
the sense I get from my reading about him and his playing.

John