"Gudewife, admit the wanderer" is something I've never heard sung.
The idea of the text (by Captain Charles Gray, R.M., F.S.A. Scot.)
is a good one: an aged follower of Prince Charlie who's gone with
him after his defeat is knocking at a door and asking for a nook
to lie down and die in after his task has been done - and I could
imagine it being an effective song if it had a decent tune.  But
the tune by Finlay Dun just plods.

Someone once told me there was a Gaelic version of it sung to "The
Bob of Fettercairn" (strange choice for such a dark subject but
better than Dun's thing).  Anyone know it?