Apologies if this has been covered before. Burns' song Now Westlin Winds in
the Scots Musical Museum is directed to be sung to 'Come kiss wi' me, come
clap wi' me' but the tune given there is not the familiar one of that title
(which is often also the title of
'Had I the wyte', aka the reel Bob of Fettercairn etc). Any enlightenment on
this would be appreciated, but what I'd *really* like to know is the source of
the tune which is nowadays generally used for the lyric, as recorded by Dick
Gaughan and others. There's no written record of it as far as I can tell - did
a modern singer compose it?

Thanks
Matt