Found this thread at the Mudcat Cafe, http://www.mudcat.org:

   Subject: Tech: Fiddle mike
   [35] From: [36] Peterr - [37] PM
   Date: 20 Feb 03 - 11:22 AM

   Ive seen a small swan-neck (presumably condenser) mike clipped to the
   fiddle bridge, with the jack held on the body with similar arrangement
   to the chin rest. Anyone know what it is, and a possible source?

   Subject: RE: Tech: Fiddle mike
   [43] From: [44] Malcolm Douglas - [45] PM
   Date: 20 Feb 03 - 11:36 AM

   Microvox make one. http://www.microvox.demon.co.uk/violpage.htm

   Microvox swan-neck microphone for violin/viola

   [52] From: [53] nickp - [54] PM
   Date: 20 Feb 03 - 11:42 AM

   MOre likely to be one by AKG. Microvox (UK based for our non-UK Cats)
   tend not to have sockets on the body inless you make them yourself.
   Also it won't be clipped to the bridge - kill the sound - but probably
   the tailpiece.

   [60] From: [61] treewind - [62] PM
   Date: 20 Feb 03 - 03:03 PM

   Microvox are UK based but that web site lists retailers in the USA and
   other countries.

   But as nickp says the one described isn't Microvox as that has a 1.2m
   flying lead to the battery box (which you typically clip on your
   belt).

   Anahata

   [68] From: [69] GUEST,Claymore - [70] PM
   Date: 20 Feb 03 - 05:07 PM

   My favorite is an Audio Technica 419 which is technically a horn mike,
   but when you run it through a tube pre-amp (like an ART MP, which also
   delivers the phantom power the mic needs) it is smooth and sweet.

   The only problem with those clip mikes is if the fiddler is a heavy
   breather. Then you need to tape the portion of the mic with one small
   piece of duct tape that faces the fiddler and leave open the portion
   that faces the fiddle bridge, then cover with the small foam
   windscreen that comes with the mike.

   Clip the mic to the chin piece and experiment with the placement of
   the mic head. (Aiming it at the left F hole on the fiddle is a good
   start). Remember that you could get feedback if you take the fiddle
   down and aim the mic portion at a monitor. Good Luck!

   [76] From: [77] Leadfingers - [78] PM
   Date: 20 Feb 03 - 07:47 PM

   I always did rate Microvox and still do .I havent used them on
   fiddle,but on nearly every thing else. Great gear good sound response
   and NOT silly money.