>From what I've heard either of these fiddle schools could offer what you're
after.  The Taransay school has two particularly gifted teachers in Pete
Cooper and Patsy Reid, while Alasdair Fraser's long association with Sabhal
Mor Ostaig is reckoned by some to have been an important factor in the Scots
fiddle renaissance.

Taransay is uninhabited for most of the year, and probably offers fewer of
the comforts you'll find on Skye.

As for other opportunities, Stirling University runs fiddle courses
throughout the summer, although I gather their popularity has declined in
the face of the other alternatives now available.  If you are under 25,
Aberdeen International Youth Festival has a traditional music school which
will run from July 26 until August 3.  The fiddle teachers at that will be
Mairi Campbell and Sarah Jane Fifield.

David Francis