We've just spent the afternoon with Abby and Kim of Ferintosh and they were
saying how much they enjoyed the gig in the church in Linlithgow.  I also
caught their set in Penicuik the other night, and like Matt enjoyed it
enormously.

Folk might like to know that another group of North Americans who are mining
that same rich 18th century seam of traditional material and compositions in
the idiom, are currently on tour.  The Chris Norman Ensemble play Edinburgh
Folk Club on Wednesday (with a guest appearance by David McGuinness who will
be playing with Ferintosh's David Greenberg on Friday in Glasgow), Plockton
on Thursday, Resolis in the Black Isle on Friday, and Fordyce Village Hall
on Saturday.  They're also doing a live spot on BBC Radio Scotland's Celtic
Connections programme tomorrow evening (Tuesday).

David Francis