> A while ago I publicly lamented the paucity of recordings in what
> might be termed the Scottish Trad/Chamber Music genre, having nearly
> worn my Puirt a Baroque and Pete Clark albums threadbare. Matt humbly
> brought 'Border Seasons' to my attention.

You might also give a listen to a newly released CD of "The Art of
Robert Burns" recorded several years ago under David Johnson's
direction and only just released (unsavoury bulmerish considerations
having delayed it) on a new label, Scotstown Records.  There are
also some fiddle music tracks with Bonnie Rideout.  Not every track
works for me but rather that than the sort of thing Fred Freeman does
any day.

And I just heard David Greenberg's new CD "Spring any day now" with
Concerto Caledonia.  My God.  That is *really* impressive.  The kind
of mixture (Scottish/early, avant-jazz, Hungarian, Finnish, Romanian)
that you need a mind-boggling degree of musicianship to get away with,
and they've got it.