Hi, Ian and you other pipers-
     I just honked out a spit-saturated and screech-punctuated A part to a  rendition
of "Hector the Hero" that only I could recognize.  I played it in the bathroom, with
the door closed and the fan on, because anyone hearing what I am doing would recoil in
horror.  I am happy that I am able to make sounds.  I am pressing the bag in different
parts to try to hear what the different drones do.  The long one makes the lowest
sound.  If I loosen the joints just a wee bit, it seems to make the difference between
screeching and a tone.  I am shooting in the dark, but I feel comfortable holding it
now.  I'm just trying to breathe and get a constant sound, and that will take a lot of
practice, right there.  Also, how hard I squeeze the bag with the front part of my arm
makes the tone vary.  I have been leaving the pipes in a convenient place, and every
time I walk by, I try to get a little squawk out of it.  On the first day, I could
play one note.  Yesterday, I could play three not
 es.   Today I played seven notes.  Sort of. 8-)
Cairistiona
California