I have a facsimile of Robert Petrie's tune books (thanks to Jan Tappan),
which I think have never been reprinted, and I'm finding a lot of
enjoyable tunes that don't show up in abc anywhere on the net.  I'm
thinking about starting a project to transcribe these books into abc but I
thought I'd ask for some advice.  First, does anyone know of an existing
abc transcription or other electronic facsimile of Petrie's collections?
I don't want to duplicate someone else's work.  Second, these tunes are
scored for melody plus bass line (Petrie says, suitable for Harpsichord or
Cello); if I do pursue this project, is there value in transcribing the
bass lines as well?  Being a fiddler I don't normally deal with the bass
clef but I'm sure I could figure it out!  Any advice appreciated -Steve
--
Steve Wyrick - Concord, California