The level of spam here has now gone past my tolerance limit.  Okay
on broadband via a webmail interface (I was doing that on holiday
in Kurdistan, last at the wonderfully slick and professional Saraf
internet cafe in Diyarbakir) but I don't have broadband here and
some of these spams have been huge.

As far as I can see, it isn't a matter of the address database being
compromised (by either a public archive or a virus attack on some
subscriber's machine) - these spams have been routed through the
mailserver itself, so simply inventing a new address as I've done
before won't do a thing to reduce the spam volume.

I'd like to resubscribe if/when the mailserver gets secured against
spammers and HTML/virus abuse (subscriber-only posting and challenge/
response subscription, or something like that).  Meanwhile I'm a regular
on ballad-l and uk.music.folk, both of which overlap this forum.

cheers - jack