Joste Bowen wrote:
I was catchin up on this list when I noticed this and thought you might still be interested that my Soundblaster Live! Platinum has such a connector marked 'Digital Din' on a seperate PCI slot cover with a cable to connect it to the soundcard.

The card is certainly supported, but I am unaware wether this digital out is, I didn't bother installing it as I had no use (or space) for it.

My SB Live Value has a 12-or-so-pin header, which has digital in and out. I made up a lead with an LED and a small resistor, and use it as an optical out. Works just fine in ALSA.

Gordon.