[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Heya,

I'm Gwen in Glasgow. My house is just moving from Windows XP to Ubunto Linux. Have managed to move most of my Thunderbird messages and such, but I was
wondering if anyone here knew how to move my message filters. I have so many,
I really don't want to have to make them all up again. But I can't find in any
documentation or such about this and Thunderbird doesn't seem to want to me have
the files.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Oh I tried moving the whole profile folder from the C: to the home directory but
that cause loads of problems!

Thanks

Gwen

You just need to take the msgFilterRules.dat file from (C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\) and copy it into the respecting file on your /home. That works a treat for me,

Though i did think it was strange there was no way to import/export with thunderbird :)

Hope that helps ya

Later
Charles McCrimmon

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.8 - Release Date: 14/02/2005