Hello,

while being a quite experienced programmer on Linux (or let's say
package rebuilder :-) I'm quite new to debian and an absolute beginner
with cross-compilng and scratchbox.

I need to rebuild some packages for ARM, but I stepped over some
problems. I'm using current stable version.

1) When doing a 'apt-get -b source package-to-rebuild', I get
   these warnings:

   dpkg-architecture: warning: Unknown gcc system type arm-linux-uclibc,
   falling back to default (native compilation)
   dpkg-architecture: warning: Specified GNU system type arm-linux does
   not match gcc system type arm-linux-uclibc.

  Do I have to be concerned about this? Compilation seams to work.

2) 'apt-get -b source package-to-rebuild' fails with

      debian/rules clean
    dh_testdir
    dh_testroot
    dh_testroot: You must run this as root (or use fakeroot).

   So, how can I use fakeroot with 'apt-get -b'?

3) When rebuilding the package manually using
    cd package-to-rebuild
    dpkg-buildpackage -b -rfakeroot -uc -d

   'test_root' secceeds, but automake fails:
    automake -a
    configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
    configure.in: installing `./missing'
    configure.in:4: installing `./config.guess'
    configure.in:4: installing `./config.sub'
    configure.in:4: required file `./ltmain.sh' not found
    lib/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
    make: *** [configure-stamp] Error 1

Thanks for any help

- --
Schönen Gruß - Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel             | IT-Security -- effizient |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED] | www.goebel-consult.de    |