On 11/23/06, Riku Voipio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 09:22:28AM -0500, Jim Heck wrote:
> It was a fresh install.  That machine had never had scratchbox before,
> as I am just starting to get involved with it.  There is another
> developer here experiencing the same problem, but he is doing an upgrade
> from 1.0.5.  His synaptic hangs in the same preconfig stage, and I'm
> pretty sure he's using Etch as well.

There is probably some bug in postinst scripts then. If you can find
out what is causing it, it would be very helpfull for us.

One approach might be to hack the
/var/lib/dpkg/info/packagename.postinst script to put "set -x" at the
very beginning, then manually invoke it ("sh packagename.postinst
preconfig") to see where the hang is.

> Any suggestions for what I might try for a workaround?

Installing from tarballs.