The spoofing works with files located in deb_list directories. Unfortunately, these directories are not seen by apt or even dpkg. They're only seen by dpkg-checkbuilddeps.

Go with Riku's suggestions.

If you want to spoof anything other (in the target), create a dummy package and install it.

Regards,

 Jussi

K. Richard Pixley wrote:
Shouldn't the devkit or the toolchain have noticed that I've copied /lib/libc into my scratchbox target and thus provided a spoof that scratchbox provides libc? Or does this spoofing only happen for build time dependencies? Do I really have to go build my own libc and my own gcc and everything else?

How is this intended to work?