It's not about Scratchbox version. It's about the toolchain you're using.

You need to compile sbrshd against the libc you have in your target. You can compile the package in the device itself, or try to find a toolchain supporting your c-library and compile it inside Scratchbox.

There are few older toolchains available in the older Apophis revisions, ie. in [1]. Maybe one of those will suit your needs?

Regards,

  Jussi

[1] http://scratchbox.org/download/files/sbox-releases/branches/apophis/r3/

Edward Bosco wrote:
I'm crosscompiling from a VMware virtual machine running Debian stable Linux 2.6.18-5-486;
the target is an ARM Debian systen 2.6.16-cm-x270, a CompuLab x270 platform.
Linux cm-debian 2.6.16-cm-x270 armv5tel

On upgrading to Scratchbox Apophis 1.0.8 stable, I get an error when invoking the SBRSHD daemon on the target:

/sbin/sbrshd: lib/libutil.so.1: version 'GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by /sbin/sbrshd) /sbin/sbrshd: lib/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by /sbin/sbrshd)

The version of libc on the target is libc.so.6 -> libc-2.3.6.so <http://libc-2.3.6.so>; same with the host.

What would be the correct latest version of apophis - r1 or r2 or r3 or r4, that would support the 2.3.6 libc?