It should be, yes.

At least I have a vague memory of packaging one (mips or mipsel) at some point in time and it worked correctly then :)

The compiler is seen by sb-conf/sb-menu if there's a directory for the compiler under /scratchbox/compilers and there exists a file called compiler-name which contains information on the compiler. See other toolchain packages for various examples. This file is generated by sb-toolchain-extras.

Anyway, given your toolchain works outside scratchbox, the process should be somewhat straightforward. The possible problems are mostly files in some unusual locations, but that can be solved with proper build-time configuration (the .conf file in meta/alien-tc) and/or creative symlinking...

You can also test your compiler using an explicit path, even if you have no target, ie. /scratchbox/compilers/my-compiler/bin/arch-foo-linux-bar-gcc /scratchbox/packages/hello.c and see what happens.

And if you can provide more detailed error message, then probably me (or someone else here) would be more likely to come up with a more detailed answer :)

Regards,

  Jussi

L A wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to use a prebuilt mips compiler on scratchbox? I have walked through the steps in ForeignToolchains wiki, but no joy. My compiler did not even show up in the compilers list (the one in the setup menu). Any ideas?

Thanks,
Levent