Hello again,

I knew it was something stupid, but this exceeds expectations. After digging through some of the more detailed logfiles and parts of the code it became apparent that the execution of "qemu-arm" failed with error 2 (No such file or directory). So just for the heck of it I changed (in sb2.config of my target)

export SBOX_CPUTRANSPARENCY_METHOD="qemu-arm"

export SBOX_CPUTRANSPARENCY_METHOD="/usr/bin/qemu-arm"

to make sure it gets found. This fixes the problem for me. I don't really know why this happens as /usr/bin is in my $PATH, but if anyone faces the same problem this might help. Maybe I'll dig a bit more through the code if I find the time.

Greetings
Jan

Jan Dohl wrote:
Hello,

I'm having serious trouble installing scratchbox2 on a machine. I'm running debian lenny and installed the scratchbox2 packet. I've created a folder /sb-build where I put the whole rootdir of my target-system entered it and tried to initialize scratchbox, here's a log:

/sb-build $ sb2-init ARM /usr/local/arm/3.4.1/bin/arm-linux-gcc
Finished writing sb2.config
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.
sb2-init completed successfully, have fun!

So far so bad. The same also happens when trying this again with sb2 /usr/bin/sb2-build-libtool. I can however already compile applications using this setup. So this would work:

[SB2 ARM] [EMAIL PROTECTED] /sb-build/home/build $ gcc
arm-linux-gcc: no input files
[SB2 ARM] [EMAIL PROTECTED] /sb-build/home/build $ gcc test.c -o test

and produce an executable file that I can run on my target system. However executing files is not possible:

[SB2 ARM] [EMAIL PROTECTED] /sb-build/home/build $ ./test
bash: ./test: File or directory not found

which is interesting as the file is right there. Running this in qemu-arm without sb2 works again, so qemu shouldn't be the problem:

/sb-build/home/build $ qemu-arm -L /sb-build ./test
Hello

Where "Hello" is the desired outcome of the program :). Is this a known problem and what can I try to resolve this? I'm kinda out of ideas on this one. I had it working with (afaik) exactly the steps above on another system but this installation is sadly no longer accessible due to hardware failure.

If further information would be useful, please tell me as I'm kinda new on the whole topic.

Thanks,
Jan