Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
As far as I've understood, and my experiments tend to confirm this, the
toolchain must have been generated in a /scratchbox/compilers/<foo>
directory in order to be integrated into Scratchbox. Moreover, the
toolchain must be compiled against the Scratchbox environment, notably
the libc.

Not necessarily. The idea is that you can import any pre-compiled toolchain to scratchbox just by compiling the sb-toolchain-extras on top of it.

Crosstool and Codesourcery should be importable almost as-is. At least the last time I've tried :)

However, I remember having some problem with a Buildroot generated toolchain some time ago. Can't really remember what it was about, but I remember it was easier to compile it using with the scratchbox specific prefix and then compile toolchain-extras on top of that.

So, I'd say that what you want to do (integrate an already existing
binary toolchain in Scratchbox) is not possible. But I'm far from being
a Scratchbox and toolchain expert, though.

As I've said, anything should be importable. The amount of hacking required is highly dependent on the toolchain, though.

Regards,

  Jussi