Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
I tried to integrate an ARM and MIPS toolchain, generated by Buildroot,
into Scratchbox using sb-toolchain-extras. These toolchains have been
successfully integrated, and they are able to generate binaries that
can be transparently executed by Scratchbox.

However, at the link step, they don't look in /usr/lib
or /usr/local/lib for libraries:

It seems that your toolchain is configured with --prefix=/usr. If you try a different prefix, like --prefix=/opt/yourtoolchain, would that change things?

I would assume using /usr as a prefix makes the toolchain think that target's sysroot can't be there.

Just a guess, though.

For a quick fix, you can tell the linker to search /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib from the spec file. Just edit /scratchbox/compilers/mips-linux-gcc-4.2.4-uclibc-0.9.29/gcc.specs to include the wanted path by default.

I have both a MIPS toolchain and an ARM toolchain generated by
Buildroot. The MIPS toolchain has been generated recently, while the
ARM toolchain has been generated months ago (I just reinstalled
the .deb I had). And I *think* the ARM toolchain was working properly
at that time. So, I have the feeling that the problem might not be in
the toolchain, but rather in the environment.

I don't think this could be an environment problem. However, you can test this theory by creating a new, fresh target using your toolchain

$ sb-conf st test -c mips-linux-gcc-4.2.4-uclibc-0.9.29 -d cputransp -t qemu-mips-cvs
$ sb-conf in test -c -d -e -F -G -S
$ sb-conf se test

You're sure it's been working for you before?

Regards,

  Jussi