Teddy
        AFAIK the rootstrap is intended to save you having to rebuild

any parts of the target file system that you already have built.

It's extracted onto the target file system in the setup process so you only
have to

(re)build the particular component you are interested in.

It might be a collection of files you have made yourself or obtained from
elsewhere.

It should be in .tar.gz format.

I dont find the sb-menu rootstrap selector very easy to use on my (ubuntu)
host - you really need to know the complete path to your rootstrap so you
can type it in....

Hope this helps

Regards

Peter Pearse