On May 28, 2009, at 12:52 PM, ext Ju-sung.Lee wrote:

hello! I have a mipsel-target and mipsel-toolchain. So I'd like to cross-compile a library source using mipsel-toolchain.

but. I can't select CPU model in sb2-init commnad.
$ sb2-init -c "qemu-mipsel" mipsel-target mipsel-linux-gcc
 work well!!! but I can't select a CPU model!.
$ sb2-init -c "qemu-mipsel -cpu 24Kf" mipsel-target mipsel-linux-gcc
mipsel-target doesn't exist!!
Failed to configure mipsel-target

The "-c" option can only be used to specify the qemu to be used, but not any options. Currently we don't have a way to give user-specified options for the cpu transparency method, but it certainly sounds like a useful feature. Could be used with qemu-arm as well.

Unfortunately I can't promise any quick improvements to this; sb2's complete configuration system has been a target for redesign/ reimplementation (and will likely remain so in the near future), so we probably wont get a proper enhancement to this before autumn (well, at least not from us (Nokia))

But if you want to try fixing it yourself, the qemu command line is built in lua_scripts/argvenvp.lua, in function sb_execve_postprocess_cpu_transparency_executable. It should be easy to extend it to add the two arguments that you need: for a prototype, maybe something like using some environment variables for the extra arguments, getting the parameter(s) with os.getenv() and if it is != nil => insert to new_argv... This should be enough to get it working.

Next, test it out by "sb2 sb2-show exec ./helloworld" to see how your qemu is going to be executed.

        Lauri