Scratchbox's host compiler is old. As is the glibc...

Part of the reason is the somewhat improper way it's built, the whole core set of tools should be upgraded to a modern era but that's quite a bit of work.

Regards,

  Jussi

Rasjid Wilcox wrote:
New to scratchbox. I'm compiling a number of things for my Chumby (http://www.chumby.com/) using the setup as described at http://wiki.chumby.com/mediawiki/index.php/Scratchbox. On the whole it has gone very well, but I'm trying to add some new tools into the /host_usr/ directory, which I want to compile in the HOST environment (so they run faster), but the need a new gcc / g++ version than the default 3.3.5 which I currently have. Is this possible, and if so, how? I've spent a number of hours googling and I'm not having any luck.