Dear all,

I was able to answer my questions myself (Except for the "PKG_CONFIG_PATH" )
 should have read the Meamo SDK documentation before I asked my questions
last week.

I have now installed the rootfs in my home directory. (I had to "Seed" my
rootfs with the correct packages of debian squeeze and the correct locale
settings to get it working.)
And now I can do the same things with apt-get and dpkg-buildpackage as
mentioned in the meamo SDK manual but than for a debian squeeze on a
SheevaPlug.

Basically I do not need to use the apt-cross any more, which in its own way
also solves my PKG_CONFIG_PATH "problem".

The only issue I saw is that /bin/rm in the "sb -eR" mode was not working
correctly because it needs some kernel function and that does not work in
the simulated case.  It is not a big deal when I use "dpkg-buildpackage" but
"checkinstall" or "make install" gives some problems.
I have to look into this more, maybe I should just try to install the latest
version of scratchbox2 first.

Scratchbox2 is really a nice piece of work!! My compliments!!

Kind regards,

Han