Hi,

I am new to the cross compilation environment and trying to get familiar
with scratchbox2.

I tried to cross compile to a Debian squeeze ARM target from a Ubuntu 9.10
host. I set up the environment mainly following the instructions at
http://www.openplug.org/plugwiki/index.php/Scratchbox2_based_cross_compiling
.

Simple compilations (directly using sb2 g++ foo.cpp) work just fine. But
when I tried to install pre-built packages, I ran into some weird problems.
For example, if I run the following:

$sb2 -eR apt-get upgrade

First, I got the following:

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = (unset),
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
/usr/bin/locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or
directory
/usr/bin/locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or
directory
/usr/bin/locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or
directory
Extracting templates from packages: 100%

Second, I got

/bin/rm: cannot remove `/usr/share/info/dir.old': Permission denied
dpkg: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
status 1

The second problem seems very strange to me, If I do

$sb2 -eR sb2-show path /usr/share/info/dir.old

I see the following which I think is correct as
/home/binwang/workspace/debian_squeeze_rootfs is indeed my rootfs.

/usr/share/info/dir.old =>
/home/binwang/workspace/debian_squeeze_rootfs/usr/share/info/dir.old

If I do

$sb2 -eR ls -l /usr/share/info/dir.old

I have

/bin/ls: /usr/share/info/dir.old: Function not implemented
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 781 Dec  3 15:22 /usr/share/info/dir.old

What does "Function not implemented" mean? The permission of
"/usr/share/info/dir.old" seems correct as well, but why I get permission
denied when trying to delete it.

Your help is highly appreciated. If you need more details about my setup,
I'd more than happy to provide.

Thanks a lot,
Bin