Hi,

       I am trying to cross compile GTK and SQLite libraries for the arm
target, from an x86 machine having fedora distribution using scratchbox.

         I just downloaded glib library from GTK+ family and try to compile it
within the scratchbox  as follows

[sbox-MYTARGET: ~] > tar -xjvf glib-2.2.3.tar.bz2

[sbox-MYTARGET: ~] > cd glib-2.2.3

[sbox-MYTARGET: ~/glib-2.2.3] > ./configure

[sbox-MYTARGET: ~/glib-2.2.3] > make

[sbox-MYTARGET: ~/glib-2.2.3] > make install

But when I run the configure script,its showing as follows,

checking if building for some Win32 platform... no

checking for thread implementation... posix

checking thread related cflags... -D_REENTRANT

checking for pthread_create/pthread_join... no

checking for pthread_create/pthread_join in -lpthread... no

checking for pthread_create/pthread_join in -lpthread32... no

checking for pthread_create/pthread_join in -lpthreads... no

checking for pthread_create/pthread_join in -lthread... no

checking for pthread_create/pthread_join in -ldce... no

configure: error: I can't find the libraries for the thread implementation

                posix. Please choose another thread implementation or

                provide information on your thread implementation.

                You can also run 'configure --disable-threads'

                to compile without thread support.

The above problem of sandboxing 'configure' is that it needs a lot of (POSIX
standard) software, which won't be available on the embedded target
environment. It has to be configured with thread support,so cant go for
'configure --disable-threads option..

 But how to provide the above required libraries  ?Could you please provide any
clues how to tackle the problem?