On 09/02/2010 09:45 AM, chao yu wrote:
     My target CPU is s3c2440 which is arm v4t architecture and I want
to compile a executeable binary to run on it. I added the parameter
-march=armv4t and built. But I found before link, the object file is
armv4t. After link stage, the generated file is arm v5.

Makes sense.

The compiler is built with --with-arch=armv5te and you can see the cc1 being called with -march=armv5te.

     Then, I import the original CodeSourcery package to scratchbox as
foreign toolchain, it works well.

This, however, doesn't.

The prebuilt foreign toolchain uses the original codesourcery binaries, so you should get the same result both ways.

Regards,

  Jussi