On Dec 20, 2010, at 3:37 PM, ext Matthew Braun wrote:

Greetings!

I'm using Scratchbox2 (2.0-lta101) on a Ubuntu host (10.10) with an
Angstrom for Armv7a target (BeagleBoard). I am attempting to compile
Flumotion (0.8.0) but Python (2.6.6) is failing and I'm wondering how best
to go about troubleshooting the problem.

This error does not occur outside of Scratchbox2, but I'm not sure where to look in order to isolate the issue. Any suggestions would be very much
appreciated!

My first guess would be that some of python's files or directories might not be correctly mapped in "simple" mode. That mode may be too simple for python; "accel" and "devel" have somewhat better support for script languages (at least there are some additional mapping rules there..) Fortunately it should be easy to fix once the problem has been found.

So, the very basic instructions about debugging sb2's pathmapping:

First, run the problematic command with sb2 -d. It creates a log file of all actions. Postprocess that with "sb2-logz -m -p -l" and you'll see what paths were mapped, what were not mapped, etc.

Next try if the script works in the "nomap" mapping mode; "sb2 -m nomap -d ..." should work and produce similar results as what the script does outside of sb2. The "nomap" mode does not map any paths, but otherwise sb2 is active - the risk is that some other things (like faked system architecture) will cause trouble, but then we'll know at least that the problem might be somewhere else than in mapping. Assuming that all goes as expected, you'll get another logfile and it should be possible to compare the results.

        Lauri

PS. Your SB2 is somewhat old, an update might also help: http://maemo.gitorious.org/scratchbox2 _______________________________________________