hi all,

I have tried to install the maemo-sdk 5 kit in my Pardus linux machine(x86_64).

Courtesy : http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/Maemo5_Final_Installation#Installing_Maemo_5_SDK_on_x86-32_Debian_based_distribution

For that i need to

1. Install the scratchbox
2.Install the sdk tools

I have followed the below steps and installed the scratchbox in my machine as the first step.

*1.$ wget -c http://repository.maemo.org/stable/5.0/maemo-scratchbox-install_5.0.sh http://repository.maemo.org/stable/5.0/maemo-sdk-install_5.0.sh
2.$ chmod a+x ./maemo-scratchbox-install_5.0.sh  ./maemo-sdk-install_5.0.sh
3.$ sudo ./maemo-scratchbox-install_5.0.sh -s /scratchbox -F -u <user>
4.$ newgrp sbox
5.$ sudo chmod +x ./maemo-sdk-install_5.0.sh
6.$ ./maemo-sdk-install_5.0.sh
7.$ /scratchbox/login*

But after installation(ie step 6) i am getting some error on the execution of the step 7

*renjithg@pardus2011 ~/meamo5sdk $  /scratchbox/login
ERROR: Scratchbox is not properly set up!
*
Also i tried the commands,

*renjithg@pardus2011 ~/meamo5sdk $ sudo /scratchbox/sbin/sbox_ctl start
Starting Scratchbox:
*
The terminal become stuck on this statement and i can't do anything even after the above command unless after a "Ctrl+Z'
*
renjithg@pardus2011 ~/meamo5sdk $ sudo /scratchbox/sbin/sbox_ctl restart
Password:
Stopping Scratchbox: umount,
*
The terminal become stuck on this statement and i can't do anything even after the above command unless after a "Ctrl+Z'
*
*After this issue with the scratchbox , I can't able install the maemo-sdk 5 tool kits, that is I am getting the following error on executing that script.
*
Scratchbox installation found... yes*
*E: Scratchbox user's /dev is not properly set up. Couldn't read /dev/null.
E: Start scratchbox service with 'sudo /scratchbox/sbin/sbox_ctl start'.
E: Specify an alternative installation path using '-s PATH' option.*

My ultimate aim is to port my pardus linux(a KDE flavour) into ARM architecture and need to test it in a QEMU in my machine itself(pardus)

Can you please help me.This is someway urgent to me.

What is the issue with the installation of scratchbox in my KDE machine.It is having linux kernel 2.6.37

Expecting your reply,

Many kind regards,
/renjith_g