Unfortunately regex search for scrollback buffer does not seem to be
supported by screen. I also needed to do this very much.

I am managing with this hack as of now

# Go to the beginning of scrollback buffer using Ctrl-B
bindkey -m ^B stuff "g/e^["

This searches for character 'e' (most probable alphabet) from the beginning
of scrollback buffer, after this i manually navigate to the actual point!