Hello all,

I've been using screen for a while, but recently one of our system
administrators noticed an interesting quirk of screen that made me wonder.  It
seems that if you run 'screen' after running 'sudo bash', the system (as shown
by the utilities 'w' and 'who') no longer sees you as "username [priv]", but
instead as "root" directly.  Is this intentional?  It seems as though screen
should maintain your identity unless expressly instructed to log you in as
someone else.  Maybe I'm missing something though?

Thanks,

-John