The particular app isn't important, I justthought it would be nice to
use screenlets to run some of the settings menus that I regularly access
(switching between headphone and bluetooth audio and adjusting the
volumes)

I know you can run a gnome app without the chrome, and also set some
screenlet like properties from the command line..I've used it to keep
shells on the desktop.

I was imagining a setup with apps as screenlets, and the resizing was
available in some manner.   Maybe some of this is possibe, screenlets
just being a different use case.

Thanks you can close this now

Screenlets Dev Team, which is subscribed to Screenlets.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1008316

Title:
  turn any app into screenlet