Public bug reported:

I'm on Arch, so this change is likely in the pipeline for Ubuntu
eventually.

The python dbus package has changed from python 2 to python 3.

I got screenlets running by linking a directory and using (2) python 2
.so's.

Will screenlets be updated to accommodate this change?

I'd be glad to test any updates.

Quote myself: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/screenlets/

python2-dbus 1.2.16-3 has been replaced with dbus-python 1.2.16-4.

I linked the new directory /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dbus/ to
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/

The 2 .so's must be different, linking didn't work. I copied the 2
python2-dbus original .so's from/to /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/

** Affects: screenlets

** Description changed:

  I'm on Arch, so this change is likely in the pipeline for Ubuntu
  eventually.

  The python dbus package has changed from python 2 to python 3.

  I got screenlets running by linking a directory and using (2) python 2
  .so's.

  Will screenlets be updated to accommodate this change?

  I'd be glad to test any updates.
+

- Arch AUR package if any need:
- https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/screenlets/
-
- Quote:
+ Quote myself: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/screenlets/

  python2-dbus 1.2.16-3 has been replaced with dbus-python 1.2.16-4.

  I linked the new directory /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dbus/ to
  /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/

  The 2 .so's must be different, linking didn't work. I copied the 2
  python2-dbus original .so's from/to /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/

Screenlets Dev Team, which is subscribed to Screenlets.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1920267

Title:
  python2-dbus 1.2.16-3 has been replaced with dbus-python 1.2.16-4