hello all,

after evaluating SDCC for STM8 for a few weeks now, I still have some
questions. I hope they are simple, and that someone will answer them. For your
support thanks a lot in advance!!! :-)  So, here’re my questions:

currently I use SDCC via an ASCII editor and a console. Is ok, but feels solo
80s… ;-)   Is there any IDE with built-in support or configurable for
SDCC/STM8? Ideally with compiling, linking, upload and debug (see below wish
list)

since I’m into physical computing, debugging via simulator is not a viable
option. Is there a debugger with GUI, which supports SDCC and ST-Link (from
STM8 discovery board)? If required, R-Link would also be ok

does SDCC for STM8 also support float operations? I try to avoid float wherever
possible, but sometimes it would come very handy, independent of speed and
memory. In the (8051) manual it seems so, but I always get an error message
when I try an operation with float numbers

how can I write code to execute from RAM? I need to log data to flash, but
since the flash is single-ported, the actual flash operations have to be
executed from RAM (or so I think).

if printf/sprintf supported by SDCC/STM8? Of course each instance could be
replaced somehow, but I’d rather not sieve through all my old projects...

how do I specify flash segments/locations for the linker? I need to reserve
some part of the flash for data logging, but I don’t know how to tell the
linker which

and, last but not least, how can I define a far pointer to a >64kB address
(i.e. 24 or 32 bit)

I know these are a lot of questions, but I hope they are simple to answer! In
any case thanks a lot for your help and have a nice day!

Regards,
Georg