> On Thu, 22 Jan 2015, Philipp Klaus Krause wrote:
>
>> On 21.01.2015 19:36, Georg Icking-Konert wrote:
>>>
>>> 1) how do I declare and implement the trap handler? According
>>> to http://sourceforge.net/p/sdcc/patches/224/ the keyword "__trap? is
>>> available via patch (2014-02-22). Is this already part of 3.4.0 (#8981;
>>> 2014-04-5) and, if yes, how do I use it? If not, is it planned for the
>>> next release which is due when?
>>>

>> The patch has not been applied yet. It adds a new keyword, and I don't
>> feel familiar enough with all the backends at the moment do decide on
>> this. Maybe when looking at all the backends, there is a better way to
>> do it instead. If this is an important feature to stm8 users, I can
>> apply the patch (so it would be in the next release; if we come up with
>> a better way later, we can still change the syntax then).
>>
>> Philipp
>
> The patch seems reasonably safe to me. The __trap keyword would only be
> active for the stm8 backend. However, it would be similar to the
> __interrupt keyword in that it is expected to follow the function name
> rather than precede it; I don't know if that would be a problem or not.
>
>   Erik

Hi Eric,

thanks for your assessment of the patch for __trap on STM8. However, if I
understand correctly, you mean that it’s safe for me to apply the path…!? The
target of my porting is to make the STM8-SPL available for the SDCC community.
So, unless this becomes a standard feature in an official release, I probably
won’t use it. Anyway, thanks for the reply!

As for the "indicator before vs. after“ function name, this is indeed an
annoying issue. Please see my other post on this…

Georg