another thing about this vinyl subject...
it is probably the purest form of recording, in the 20' and 30's before
digital rcording systems, they used to make recordings by using a big
megaphone type thing, and the whole band would stand in front, and play
into it, and some needle would press the sound into a disc of wax, to
make the record. and they couldnt use drums because it would make the
needle skip, so if you listen to old ragtime and swing recordings, the
percussion is like lil wood blocks and bottles 'n shit, its really
funny....just alil F.Y.I. stuff that i learned in jazz band at my
school... i thought it'd be neat to share...
anyways my point is, that vinyl is pure music, none of this digitalizing
sound bullshit...its music, not information, and when its on vinyl, its
always music, never once is the sound converted to information, but on
cd, the music is converted to digitalized info, then converted back to
music on your cd player...sorry bout the length..

mikie!

>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To: SDRE List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: OTS Re: [sdre-l]: Vinyl, pushing wares
>Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 14:47:17 -0400 (EDT)
>
>Well, actually, with a decent record player, the quality of vinyl is
>actually better than CD. I realize that this probably sounds odd to
most
>of you who aren't familiar with sound system concepts, but it's true.
It