Hi all,
        My thoughts . . .  I know you're excited . . .

        Even if Sunny Day does join a big label, I don't think that they will
become super-pop or "sell out."  Most popular music is easy to listen to.
The musical content and difficulty is rather light and the theme is often
single-minded.  People, (the "teenybopper" crowd), want something easy to
listen to for dancing and singing along to.  That's not so bad and I don't
let it get to me anymore.  Sunny Day isn't really like that.  Their music is
more complex and diverse.  It usually really makes me think when I listen to
it.  I guess I'm not a real fan, because even I don't know what half the
songs are about.  I just know that the music I hear tantalizes my senses and
my emotions.  I love music and I love good music!  Personally, I don't like
"shallow" pop music because of the fact that I like to pick out the little
idiosyncrasies in the more difficult music.  I guess that's what makes me
enjoy it more.  That's the same reason why I don't like rap.  There just
doesn't seem to be that much "music" going on.  I don't really like R&B, but
some of the women that are "categorized" as R&B have great voices and I
almost wish that they were backed up by a nice band or orchestra instead of a
keyboard or a "rap backgrounds CD."  But enough with the genre by genre
opinion page.
        People should be free to listen to whatever kind of music they want
to because it is so specialized and not everyone can connect to a song in the
same way.  I just don't think Sunny Day is for the mainstream, unless of
course they decide to make their music "fluffy."  I don't think they'd do
that.

just a few thoughts off the brow
dann

PS:  sorry for the bad grammar . . . I was going fast.  Oh yeah, and sorry
for all the quotes.   =)