[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
<<  I am semi-new to this list and all i've been hearing about is SDRE
 getting signed to virgin and how they're supposedly going to sell out. >>

Sorry, I have to give my two cents here... This whole sell out stuff is
bullshit.  A band has to make a living somehow, I'm sure they want to expand
their audience, and want have more time to focus on music.  Isn't that what
most musicians want? I hate it when people accuse bands of selling out.  Its
ridiculous.  SDRE could do whatever they wanted to-- as long as the music is
good I'm still a fan.
As for new fans, I'm proud to say I'm one of 'em....  One thing that turns me
off about a good band is bad "fans from the start".  Who wants to go to a
show with rude assholes?

--victoria
....getting off of my soapbox.