hey everyone.

okay, here we go....take three. if it doesn't work this time, i'm gonna have
to figure something else out.
anyhow, the results of my location/listening poll are in. i made a nice
little graphic for the results, which i figured by time zone and can be
found at the bottom of this e-mail. just so ya all know, if the place you
first started listening to SDRE differed from your current location, i used
the place you started listening. the top number is the number of responses
from the time zone, the bottom number is the average year. as you can see,
my hypothesis was all wrong, but hey, just goes to show i don't know
anything, which i already knew. (wait, is that a contradiction? ah well. =P)
so anyways, on to the next poll. i got this suggestion from a couple
different people. the NEW POLL question is:

what is the first SDRE song you ever heard?

now let me clarify this. i'm looking for the first song you heard KNOWING it
was SDRE. let me show ya what i mean. take me as an example. the first song
i heard was "seven", but i had no idea who it was by when i first heard it
years ago. so i would have to answer "the blankets were the stairs", since
it was the first song SDRE played at the Bumbershoot show i first saw them
at. make sense? i hope so, cuz i can be confusing at times. so just to
reiterate, please send me the first SDRE song you heard and were aware it
was SDRE. i'll run this poll thru may 30th and figure out the results after
that.
i really hope this gets thru. i'm gonna save the draft to be sure this time
though. anyways, take care everyone. =)

john

np: handy dullum fusion "ocean carousel"

"sunshine go away
i don't want to play
come back again some other day
when i've got something beautiful to say
and stay awhile..."

                      -Christopher Simpson