Hi,
    I've been reading these posts about intelligent music and so forth.  I'd
just like to share a couple of observations.
I am an extremely opinionated person.  I will voice my opinion, especially on
music, quite loudly.  However, I've noticed that when you listen to certain
music for the first time, you'll come into it with either an open or closed
mind.  Most of the time (not always), with an open mind, you can like any
music.  If you go into it with a pessimistic view, you probably won't like
it.  It's just that simple.  Now, this isn't the case all the time.  For
example, my mom was listening to the Batman Forever Soundtrack one day.  I
happened to chance upon the room and hear this glorious piece of music.  I
had no preconceived notions on it whatsoever.  I just heard it.  It happened
to be 8  by Sunny Day Real Estate.  I've been a "fan" or perhaps an
"enthusiast" ever since.  I don't like rap, country, or pop music and I
refuse to listen to it.  Who knows, maybe if I gave some of it a chance, I'd
like it.  But, I just don't want to.  =)  I like to think that Sunny Day is
complex and original.  I don't like fake bands or simple things, although,
sometimes simple is fun.  Listening to Sunny Day or other "emo" bands doesn't
make me depressed, it makes me happy.  Figure that one out.

That's all for now.

dann